At Mashgin, we’ve built a self-checkout kiosk that uses computer vision to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s had little innovation in decades.
After going through Y Combinator in 2015, Mashgin has raised $10M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more. We just raised our Series A round and are ready to scale.
For this role, we’re looking for a frontend developer to help build beautiful, usable interfaces for our customers, business clients, and internal team. As a part of Mashgin, you’ll build UIs not just for the web but on hardware that’s used by thousands of people a day in every location we deploy to. The key to our technology is machine learning, but it’s useless without amazing interfaces. As part of a small team you’ll be making a huge impact on the current product and new expansions of our platform.
- Working with a small interdisciplinary team in hardware, software and design to build new versions of products from scratch.
- Reimagining and refactoring existing interfaces to improve customer experience.
- Maintaining and improving current web and mobile codebases.
- Developing internal tools and UIs to help us scale faster.
- 3+ years of experience working in web development.
- Experience shipping consumer-facing, production-ready products.
- Familiarity with modern web best practices.
- Strong design sense, and the ability to empathize with many different types of users.
- Strong understanding of UX design principles.
- Strong attention to detail and spending the time to make products truly magical to customers.
- Comfortable throwing away most of your design work (as you should know, UI design is a very iterative process!).
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: a few minute walk from the San Antonio Caltrain station in Mountain View, across the street from the San Antonio shopping center.
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company.